REJECTION: Proposed Federal First Nation Education Act and Memorandum of Understanding
PROCLAMATION: Turtle Lodge Treaty & Treaty # 6
We the Indigenous Peoples of Turtle Island and members of the Treaty # 6 Territory, Proclaim the Turtle Lodge Treaty as our Indigenous Ways of Knowing and all it's laws of the land and fully reject the proposed Federal First Nations Education Act and Memorandum of Understanding on First Nations Education in Alberta (MOU). We, the members of Treaty # 6 will peacefully demonstrate, through Direct Action, our objection and rejection of these policies starting at the St. Paul Education Regional Division No. 1 and ending at Member of Parliament Brian Storseth's Office.
All Nations, Settlers, and Allies, please join us in saying "NO" to Harper's Legislation that directly affect Indigenous Peoples of Canada and their right to "CHOICE" for the way they educate their children, their way! "Stop" policies associated with the 1969 White Paper and "STOP" the repeat of history of the Indian Residential School Syndrome in Canada, once and for all.
Say "YES" to Indigenous People Proclaiming Education as "Our Way of Life"
Date: October 7, 2013 at 1:00PM - 3:30PM
Place: 100% Within Treaty # 6 Territory: St. Paul, AB, Canada
Start - St. Paul Education Regional Division No. 1 (4313-48 Ave.)
Finish - MP Brian Storseth St. Paul Constituency Office (4401-50 Ave.)
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1384026608500274/
- January 2013: Saddle Lake Cree Nation Full Rejection of the Proposed Federal First Nations Education Act & Alberta MOU
- PRESS RELEASE - Snuneymuxw Filing Lawsuit Challenging School Board Plan: http://t.co/as3aA91GO8
- Turtle Lodge Treaty: "Our Way of Life": http://www.bluequills.ca/indigenous-artists-tell-our-story/
- Consultations for Development of a First Nation Education Act: http://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/1358798070439/1358798420982
- Treaty 6 First Nations (MOU): http://www.treatysix.org/education.html
**** Please Note: Not all First Nations are participating in the MOU with Treaty Six Confederacy
- START: St. Paul Education Regional Division No. 1: http://www.stpauleducation.ab.ca
- FINISH: MP Brian Storseth: http://www.brianstorseth.ca
- Onihcikiskwapowin (Saddle Lake) Cree Nation: www.saddlelake.ca
- Onion Lake Cree Nation: http://onionlake.ca/treaty-government/documents
- 1969-1970 Blue Quills School Education Protest: http://www.cbc.ca/history/EPISCONTENTSE1EP16CH2PA3LE.html
- PRESS RELEASE Sept 26: Confederacy of Treaty Six First Nations:: http://www.treatysix.org/pdf/Press%20Release%20-%20September%2026,%202013.pdf
- Idle No More #Oct7ProClaim: http://www.idlenomore.ca/tags/_oct7proclaim
TURTLE LODGE TREATY: "OUR WAY OF LIFE"
***CALL OUT TO***
WHITEFISH LAKE FIRST NATIONS #128
SADDLE LAKE CREE NATION
FROG LAKE FIRST NATIONS
KEHEWIN CREE NATION
COLD LAKE FIRST NATIONS
HEART LAKE FIRST NATION
BEAVER LAKE CREE NATION
ONION LAKE FIRST NATION
ALL METIS SETTLEMENTS: ELIZABETH, FISHING LAKE, BUFFALO LAKE...
St Paul Constituency Office
4401 - 50 Avenue
St. Paul, AB T0A3A3
Google map and directions