The Federal Government of Canada has had their chance to educate First Nations peoples. They did a horrible job, nearly decimating our languages and cultures in the process. Now the Harper government wants to impose a new First Nations Education Act.
They are not qualified.
Blackmailing us with funding to sign education agreements we don't agree with, can't implement without money and don't want anyway. Violating privacy laws with ridiculous requirements for all First Nations students. We are stopping the FNEA!
Listen to what key people have to say about this. Learn how you can help. Rise!
- 11:00 AM Victoria Island Ceremony and Sacred Fire with Algonquin Elder Peter DeContie
- 11:20 AM Ceremonial March to Parliament Hill with Ogitichta (Vern Harper is the Spiritual Elder to this Drum), Nation Flags, Eagle Staffs
- 12:00 NOON Algonquin Elder to welcome us to the Hill.
- Speakers list to include Russ Diabo, Wab Kinew, Charlie Angus, Gayle .
- 2:00 PM Round Dance with David Charette
- 3:00 PM End of event
More Information To Be Announced Soon!
111 Wellington St
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A4
Google map and directions