Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: FORUM POWER

FORUM POWER 3 months 3 weeks ago #843

• BuffloDreemr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
This forum can be a very empowering tool for people,given the proper secure format, and management.Now it is possible for anyone with access to a computer to log in and make a comment from anywhere about anything concerning them or their people.Think about it. This means that with proper vigilance "leadership"(whomever they turn out to be) can make much more informed choices and decisions.But it has to be set up in such a way that it is known who's voice is being heard,from what region and Nation.Add to the mix the possibility of tele/video conferencing,and you have a very dynamic tool kit.This system would enable leaders to respond to and be accountable to the PEOPLE, directly, rather than the political process at large.I think technology is going so fast that we are looking a gift horse in the mouth with web forum format.We are so caught up with hand-held that we are forgetting land-based, and missing an opportunity.Oh ya, one catch, You would still have to PARTICIPATE!! But then if you can't be bothered to log in and post a legitemate comment, you deserve exactly what comes down the pipe to you. And there you have it, decentralized web-based leadership,fit for the 21st century. I know I'm getting ahead of the curve here,since there is still no means of actual concern resolution at this point. And to that I say, IDLE NO MORE!! And yes, I fully expect near 0 replies to this thread too?!? go figger
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kianwe

FORUM POWER 3 months 3 weeks ago #844

• Anonymous
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Internet forums are a valuable tool for organisation. I have witnessed great accomplishments when people come together on the internet to work towards a common goal. This forum has the potential of any other, but it needs to be used. We need to start using this forum as a center of information, so that people from across the country can be working on the same page. People can come here and find ways to contribute they may not have been aware of, and they can do it on whatever time they choose. They can contribute a little, or they can contribute a lot, it is all worthwhile, but the problem at hand I see as I glance at the forum is that it is not being used to it's full potential. We need to find ways to attract new users. I plan on encouraging as many people as I can to come to this forum. One suggestion I have for making this easier would be to clean up the URL from "idlenomore.ca/index.php/forum" to "idlenomore.ca/forum" which is easier to pass along when speaking with others.

This is my first post, I will be lurking and helping any way I can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kianwe, v0nd0ll0, BuffloDreemr

FORUM POWER 3 months 3 weeks ago #847

• Kianwe
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Thanks to both of you! BuffaloDreemr, I wish the rest of the world had your passion and dedication, thanks for being a valuable part of this site.

Anonymous, thanks for the suggestion, I removed the "index.php" from the url (I don't have the money to pay for SSL for the site yet but hopefully soon).
The following user(s) said Thank You: BuffloDreemr

FORUM POWER 3 months 3 weeks ago #848

• clashed
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I agree with Kianwe, BuffaloDreemr take a bow, Anonymous I'm looking foward to further contributions from you,
history is on your side, stand up Idle No More!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BuffloDreemr

FORUM POWER 3 months 1 week ago #893

• BuffloDreemr
  • Gold Boarder
I sincerely hope there is an updated version of this site in the wings.One that is much more (friendly user) friendly,one that people will feel compelled to participate in,and one that empowers legitemate communication between people. my2c

FORUM POWER 2 months 4 weeks ago #918

• BuffloDreemr
  • Gold Boarder
It is is very encouraging to see such dynamic people in our midst.This is like a training vid for INMers! you tube We could have a vid library on-site too!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds
Sign in with Facebook