Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ring of fire

Ring of fire 4 months 5 days ago #819

• NonStatusNoMore
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Reportadly, there is an estimated $30,000,000,000,000 (trillion) worth of mineral and resource wealth in northern ontario yet to be mined. So, maybe the Native leaders can find some, other than Canadian, foreign government, a more trustworthy and honourable foreign government to help with the extraction of their natural resources situated on native land through valid, fraud free treaties.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ring of fire 4 months 5 days ago #820

• BuffloDreemr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
This is not about money,and continuing the planetary desecration. You can put as many zeros behind it as you want,your argument still amounts to the same,0. It is the insatiable nature of this greedy colonial,world,financial economy that has put our very survival as a species at risk,(you are part of this species as well by the way). There are no "trustworthy,honourable"governments,or valid, fraud free treaties,face it,if you can.People are not as easily mislead as you wish they were,we all know there are but a handful of individuals that (think)they control the world,the entire financial system.So shut up about trustworthy governments,they're all in bed together,doesn't matter what flag they fly. It will never be enough,not even if the last tree is cut down to make the last dollar bill.And we are ALL to blame too,I'm not pointing fingers even at gvt.(we elected them) we have all been willing participants in this, even if unwittingly.We have all wanted our piece of the pie at some time or other.But now it's time to Wake up, it's time for REAL and lasting change.Time for sustainable economy.It is possible,don't tell me there are no alternatives to fossil fuels and greed.Who do you think is gagging the technology and preventing the way forward? Big money,that's who,the ones behind all those zeros you flaunt. This is where you can better focus your energy,exposing them,rather than trying to perpetuate a dead and dying paradigm.You're beating a dead horse.Now run along to your masters lap, troll,he will be finished with you soon enough too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: clashed

Ring of fire 3 months 1 week ago #868

• Happy Bird
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
A young Ojibway boy asked an Oglala elder: "what is the big lie i have heard about"...the Oglala elder replies, "The Great Lie is made of many other lies, one being...that shiny metal things are more valuable than air and water"

Than being said - i understand the feeling that FN's have about resource development, because in this world at this time, it is the only way to really put food in ones mouth and build safe homes for ones children. For example, if one flies over NW Ontario, it looks like a big giant 'clear cut' so despite all the propaganda about 'sustainable foresting', actions show this is not the case.

However, there can be a middle ground where logging companies are made, by law and penalty, to actually replant an entire forest with indigenous trees. Where mining companies are made to take only what they need and restore that which they destroy in doing so; ie use the thorium waste, pump tailing back into the ground, etc.

I am no expert in resource development or stuff like that, but i do know there is a middle ground to be found. When Corporation Canada refuses to even talk about such things, then it seems we have a uphill struggle...as usual :)

be well

Ring of fire 3 months 1 week ago #881

• Happy Bird
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
and it burns burns burns...my o-ring of fire...my o-ring of fire...

just had some chili...mmmm

:)

Ring of fire 3 months 1 week ago #882

• Macuxi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I can see what your driving at and by the way this is the second attempt at this post.....

Are you saying that perhaps the first nations people should be shopping around for better deal from another govt?

Food for thought present govt..I'm sure there is a govt on the planet that would like a piece of the quintillion dollar pie? Negotiate a better treaty? Be more environmentally friendly? Work with first nations instead of against them?

It's not like govts of the world haven't interfered or helped other nations rid themselves of tyrants for industrial purposes..and made new treaties...just look how the US murdered 1 million people in Iraq so they could get a foothold on oil and strategic interests...and not just the US is playing that game either.

Something Canadians should keep in mind also...if they want to play "racist bully on the block" or the "either with us or against us" game. They have to be prepared for the consequences.

If I were the Canadian govt I would wake up to what is brewing and start listening to the aboriginal people of the nation NOW before they really get pissed off and cause an unstopable series of events that will backfire for Canada.

Just saying it's not the end of the world regarding treaties..govts come and go all the time ...This Harper conservative fraudulent robo-calling excuse for a voter suppressive govt. and there regressive legislation can go at any time and the world will be a better place.

Ring of fire 3 months 1 week ago #884

I propose that first nations define ALL of their supporters. Bring awareness to all Canadians who do not know of the movement and allow us to vote for our country and not just the reserves within it. Realize their strength as protectors of this nation. Form a backbone government that rules in the best interest of all it's people and not just those who have a status card.

Some Canadians, such as myself, have extensive knowledge and skills in forming organized support. The first nations have not seen the true awesome power they possess because they are focused on such small pockets of interests. The first nations have not been successful with their missions because they have not realized the full extent of their power that radiates far beyond the limits of their reserves. First nations will not succeed in racism debates because they have not properly dealt with their own tribal rules about racism within the borders of their own reserves.

Standing up may mean replacing our government and restructuring our commerce... but almost the whole country is willing to stand behind it as long as we and our needs are all respected collectively.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Sign in with Facebook