Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The need for Leadership and Organization

The need for Leadership and Organization 4 months 4 weeks ago #527

• Rennie Nooskey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
The fact that the protest was done with non-First Nation's makes this news worthy? This, to me, shows that we need to work harder at educating Canada about INM. This is not a "First Nations" movement, this is a "Canadian" Movement. First Nations were the first to respond because they are directly and immediately effected from BILL C-45 but the potential for Ecological Disaster is something that concerns Humanity! The purpose of the Rallies and Protests should be focused on Education, not anger at wrongs of the past and present. Our Goals is to Save Mother Earth from Destruction. Only then we can rectify the problems faced by First Nations together. aptn.ca/pages/news/2013/01/28/idle-no-more-with-a-twist/
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abbinsp2, haidapeople, JustRob, bobnowires, rivereagle

The need for Leadership and Organization 4 months 4 weeks ago #531

• abbinsp2
  • Senior Boarder
Rennie:

You have the right ideal. INM will have little effect unless it has some influence on main stream politics. Harper is not the enemy he is just the leader of a party. The other leaders are no better, but as the loyal opposition they are not required to tell the truth or deliver on their promises. Do you think that Martin would have delivered on the Kyoto Accord? Impossible. Do you think that Martin would have delivered on the Kelowna accord? He may have made the Cief's richer.

Harpers leadership has made us the stronget economy in the G8. His performance on the GHG and poverty elimination is not bad. (See page 2 the item on Harpers Government). It is interesting that in the debate that my opposition put forward data sources that proved my point). If you have a prejudice you don't want to be bothered with the facts.

Canadian voters gave Harper a majority government. If we are to succeed we must convince some of those voters that our cause is just. We have the power of persuation and the numbers to make it happen.

What can Harper do with First Nations? Because of the prejudice and mistrust in the FN, no matter what he does it will be wrong. He is clearly focused on the successful FN bands. Sevety-two bands have now signed agreements to exempt themselves from thirty-four sections of the "Indian Act". No one knows how this will work. It can not be worse than what we have now.

I am focused on getting jobs for FN young people. We should not have to bring in people from other countries. The people who live here are better suited to our way of life.

No mater which party you support you can expect similar result. I encourage you to support one.
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by abbinsp2.

The need for Leadership and Organization 4 months 4 weeks ago #538

• BuffloDreemr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Abolish AFN install INM.Being wage slaves for ink paper is not the important issue,LIVING an abundant LIFE is. :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: abbinsp2

The need for Leadership and Organization 4 months 4 weeks ago #539

• JustRob
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Bufflo, this is a post in which I can fully stand beside you and say I completely agree with you.

The need for Leadership and Organization 4 months 4 weeks ago #540

• abbinsp2
  • Senior Boarder
Buffalo:

FN people on reserves can elect new chiefs and take over the AFN. INM people off reserve can assure that the vote is fair.

The need for Leadership and Organization 4 months 4 weeks ago #541

• BuffloDreemr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Let INM decide.We have ONE voice,a big one too,stop trying to seperate us.We recognize this ONE VOICE now,no longer the ignorant savages.You are only confusing yourself at this point,insp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rivereagle
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds
Sign in with Facebook