The Pacific Northwest is under attack. We will fight back: defending what we love, and our climate future. Big coal, oil, and gas plan to transform the NW coastline from Oregon up to Alaska into a dirty fossil fuel corridor with over 15 export terminals proposed.
On July 27th folks from throughout the Northwest will come together joining national Summer Heat actions for a fun and family friendly action and combine fights to stop energy extraction, infrastructure and export. We wanna demonstrate what it’ll look like if fossil fuel corporations try to imperil the climate by moving fossil fuels down the Columbia.
Sign up and register to attend, ideally with a kayak though we need you on the land as well! We’ll be in touch about opportunities to help us plan this action as more details to emerge in the coming days. In the meantime, sign up to attend, spread the word on social media and start talking about regional carpools!
What: NW Says NO to fossil fuel export
Where: Columbia River, Vancouver Landing (West of 100 Columbia Street, Vancouver, WA)
When: Main action: July 27th, workshops from 10:00-12:30, speakers from around the region from 12:30-1:30 and then an action at 1:30! Facebook
Why: If they can’t ship it, then they can’t sell it. And that means it says in the ground.
Lead up Events:
- July 10th – 6:30-8:30 – Rising Tide Orientation and Plug-In for Summer Heat – Laughing Horse Books (12 NE 10th Ave, Portland, OR) – Facebook
- July 17th – 7:30-9:00 – Bill McKibben – Gaiser Hall, Clark College (1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA) – Directions, Campus Map, Ticket Registration
- July 23rd – 6:30-8:30 – Fossil Fuel Export Forum – Leaven Community Center (5431 NE 20th Ave, Portland, OR) – Facebook
This will be a big, bold and beautiful day and we need you to make this historic event a success. We need help with everything from food preparation, banner painting, to driving boats, parking, graphic design and spreading the word. Sign up below to let us now you are coming and to get involved.
Organized by: Portland Rising Tide and 350 Portland
Join the Action:
Also, do you have a boat or access to Kayaks/rafts/other water vessels? We want to hear from you! Email Michael at email@example.com.
- I promise to be nonviolent and peaceful in all of my activities during the action.
- I will be dignified in dress and demeanor – these are serious issues, and we want to be taken seriously.
- I knowingly and freely assume all risks, even if arising from the negligence of others, and assume full responsibility for my participation in this action.
100 Columbia St
Vancouver, WA 98660
Google map and directions